Welcome to the Governors section of Glenbrook Primary School, I do hope that you enjoy browsing through our website and learning more about us.
In this section you will find out more about who we are and the work of the Local Governing Body at our School. It’s important to understand what it is the Governors of our school do and the simplest way to describe is taken from the Department for Education’s Governance Handbook:
The core functions of a Governing Body are:
In addition, we:
- Provide a strategic view of the school by establishing a vision and setting the purpose and aims of the school within an agreed policy framework.
- Appoint and conduct the performance management of the Principal.
- Agree the school’s improvement strategy, which includes setting statutory targets with supporting budges and staffing structures.
- Monitor and evaluate the work of the school by reviewing the performance of the Principal, the effectiveness of the policy framework, progress towards targets and the effectiveness of the school improvement strategy.
- Sign off the self-evaluation process and respond to Ofsted reports as necessary.
As a Governing Body, we are dedicated to ensuring the pupils at Glenbrook Primary School receive the best education possible. We are committed to continually improve the teaching and learning experience of our children, to ensure the pupils receive a broad, balanced, creative curriculum. We strive to create an environment where pupils can access a wide variety of opportunities to help them achieve their full potential.
What do we do?
The Governing Body takes a strategic role in the running of the schools. This involves:
- working with the Head Teacher to ensure high quality teaching and standards across the school
- acting as a critical friend by asking questions, challenging expectations and pushing for improvements
- agreeing the schools strategy for development
- monitoring and reviewing progress towards the schools aims and objectives
- agreeing policies
- ensuring health and safety standards are adhered to, so that we can create a safe and supportive environment for our pupils to learn in
- managing the school’s budget
- promoting the interests of the school and the pupils in the wider community
Who are we?
The Governing Body consists of parent governors, community governors, Local Authority governors and staff governors, including the Head Teacher. We work closely together and in partnership with other agencies, to support the development of the school. All governors are volunteers.
Local Authority appointed Governors.
|Mrs Patricia Shaw||Co-opted/Chair of Governors||Appointed 14/10/2014|
|Mrs Nicola Shaw||Co-opted/Vice Chair||Appointed 01/02/2014|
|Mr Robert Wood||Co-opted Governor||Appointed 01/02/2014|
|Mrs Wendy Smith||Community Governor||Appointed 01/02/2014|
|Mr Scott Roebuck||Parent Governor||Appointed 01/02/2014|
|Mr Stephen Dawn||Parent Governor||Appointed 21/05/2015|
|Miss Marie McCoy||Staff Governor||Appointed 01/02/2014|
|Miss Jennifer Davis||Staff Governor||Appointed 19/01/2015|
|Mrs Samantha Eyre||Headteacher||Appointed 01/09/2014|